Forest to Table Workshop
Jan. 20, 2023 - Jan. 26, 2023
Join us January 20th through 26th for our Co-Ed Forest to Table Workshop!
Curious to know where your food comes from? Interested in a chance to bring organic, grass-fed, non-GMO meat home to your table? Want to feel confident in the wilderness and learn backcountry skills that will last a lifetime?
From the beginning of history, humans have been hunter-gatherers, practicing the age-old principles of regeneration and balance. Now, Vermejo is offering an opportunity to join with a group of accomplished hunters, biologists, and chefs, to learn all of the skills necessary to bring organic, grass-fed elk meat from the forest to your plate in a way that honors the animal, the ecosystem, and your health.
Along with a privately guided 2-on-1 cow elk hunt, in each workshop, you’ll learn:
- Elk habitat, wildlife ecology, and ecosystem regeneration
- Rifle shooting basics and field instruction with certified instructors
- Spot and stalk techniques
- Field dressing and butchering techniques
- The Secrets to Preparing your harvest with Vermejo Executive Chef Giovanni Lanzante
- Wine pairing with wild game
A limited number of spaces are available. No experience is necessary—just an interest in learning and a desire to care for our planet.