Women’s Forest to Table Workshop
Jan. 19, 2024 - Jan. 25, 2024
Join us January 19th-25th for our Women’s Forest to Table Workshop!
Curious to know where your food comes from? Interested in bringing organic, grass-fed, non-GMO meat home to your table? Want to feel confident in the wilderness and learn backcountry skills that will last a lifetime?
From the beginning of history, humans have been hunter-gatherers, practicing the age-old principles of regeneration and balance. Now, Vermejo is offering an opportunity to join a group of accomplished hunters, biologists, and chefs, to learn all of the skills necessary to bring organic, grass-fed elk meat from the forest to your plate in a way that honors the animal, the ecosystem, and your health.
The workshops are designed for people who have never hunted before but are interested in learning how to ethically eat meat while caring for the planet. This women-only workshop is designed to be a safe space for women to bond with friends old and new while learning empowering and life-changing skills.
Along with a privately guided 2-on-1 cow elk hunt, in each workshop, you’ll learn:
- Elk habitat, wildlife ecology, and ecosystem regeneration
- Rifle shooting basics and field instruction with certified instructors
- Spot and stalk techniques
- Field dressing and butchering techniques
- “Secrets to Preparing your Harvest” cooking class with Vermejo Executive Chef Giovanni Lanzante
- Wine pairing with wild game
A limited number of spaces are available. No experience is necessary—just an interest in learning and a desire to care for our planet.See sample itinerary